Security enhancements to Windows 10 can make downloading and installing TreeAge Pro difficult. This article describes how to work around some common issues. The attached PDF includes screen prints highlighting the issues.
- Issue: Microsoft Edge and other browsers may issue a warning when you download the TreeAge Pro installer.
- Solution: Click the button with three dots then choose Keep from the context menu.
- Issue: You may then see a warning about the app harming your device.
- Solution: Click Show more then click Keep Anyway.
- Issue: When you double-click on the installer, you may receive another warning that Windows has “protected your PC”.
- Click More Info.
- Click Run Anyway.
- If you see a User Account Control warning, click Yes.
- Proceed through the installer instructions.
- Issue: On some computers controlled by an organization, installation may require administrator rights.
- Solution: Right-click on the installer then choose Run as Administrator from the context menu.