When launching TreeAgePro on MacOS results in an configuration error:
"The configuration area at '/Users/YOURNAME/.eclipse/com.treeage.treeagepro.ui.product_ ... /configuration' could not be created. Please choose a writable location using the '-configuration' command line option."
The problem is that TreeAge Pro is denied access to write to the folder ".eclipse" within your home folder.
To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:
- Open Terminal application. It can be found in FINDER in Applications/Utilities/Terminal. This will open a terminal session with a command line prompt.
- Remove the .eclipse folder and all its contents by typing the command below into the command line:
rm -r -f $HOME/.eclipse
- Start TreeAge Pro. Note that it often will not startup normally the first time.
- If you do not see a green progress bar roll across the bottom of the splash screen, Force Quit TreeAge Pro.
- Start TreeAge Pro, and it should start normally.