This article addresses some of the license questions we get from many new and long time users of TreeAge Pro.
All software sales are final.
What is the difference between an Annual and a Standard license?
The Annual License has the following features:
- It expires after one year.
- Renewal cost is the current price for an Annual License.
- It includes Product Updates and Technical Support for the duration of the license.
The Standard License has the following features:
- It does not expire.
- Includes a one year Maintenance Agreement, which can be renewed at a fraction of the license price.
- Includes Product Updates and Technical Support while Maintenance Agreement is active.
When does my License or Maintenance expire?
Depending on your license, they expire as follows:
- Annual License – expires one year from date of purchase.
- Student Coursework License – expires six months from date of purchase.
- Standard License – Maintenance expires one year from date of purchase. The license will continue to function with expired Maintenance but please see below for the benefits associated with active Maintenance.
What do I get with an active Maintenance Agreement?
The benefits you will receive are:
- Software Support – get help with modeling and analysis techniques.
- Technical Support – get help with software installation and license authorization.
- Product Updates – access the latest version of your software as soon as it is released for no additional cost.
- Access to certain features which require active Maintenance, including…
- Create TreeAge Pro Player Models (which can be analyzed on a computer without a TreeAge Pro license)
- Distributed Simulations (allowing you to run a Monte Carlo simulation on multiple computers)
- State Transition Diagrams
- Time-to-Event Simulation
Your Maintenance Agreement is like a support contract. As long as your agreement is active, you can request Technical Support as stated above.
Maintenance is a continuous program and renewing your Maintenance will extend the expiration date by one year from the expiry date. Therefore, if your Maintenance agreement expired 1.5 years ago, you need to purchase at least 2 years of Maintenance to make your agreement active. There is no benefit to delaying renewal. TreeAge Support cannot be provided unless Maintenance is current, and only the latest version of TreeAge will be supported.
You can renew an existing Annual License or renew Maintenance on a Standard License via www.treeage.com.
How can I renew my license?
Renewing your license is easy through our website.
- Go to the License Details and Installers page.
- Enter your serial number and click the Search icon.
- Click on the Renew License button.
- Select the first option based on your organization type.
- The second option will default to the appropriate selection based on your original license terms from the options below.
- Purchase Maintenance for Perpetual License.
- Renew Annual License.
- Click Add To Cart and proceed through the purchase process. After the purchase is complete, you will receive a renewal ID (one for each license/year purchased).
- Go to the Apply Renewal to Existing License page.
- Enter your Serial Number and Renewal ID into the form and click Submit.
- Repeat prior step for any additional license/year purchased.
- Apply the updated license terms within your TreeAge Pro software.
- Choose Help > TreeAge License Manager from the menu.
- Click Internet Authorization.
For group and network license renewals, please contact email@example.com.
We hope the above article has answered the frequently asked license questions. Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any other licensing questions we can address.